Changing Fuse Network Inflation Rate

The change will happen each year, end of August.

Ok, I can follow that reasoning. That would mean that the basis of a different fee structure would also get built in 2022/ 2023?

There needs to be time for that to be built - so probably would be late 2022-2023. Coinciding with the inflation drop, or following close behind it.

While opinions and options of what to do are good, are there any actual data and analytics to back decision making? Specifically those pertaining to the Fuse network.

To bring a different perspective, a couple points:

— If the proposal change is set for around Aug 2022 and if inflation can be reduce at any time, why not push the voting to a later date such as 3 to 6 months prior to Aug 2022? This is because things can move quickly but it could also fall outside of expectations and so, we might be in a better position to decide later on.

— One of my biggest worry is there’s a lack of idea as to what would actually happen if this gets approve. Seems all hypothetical. I can get behind the idea of a proposed reduction in the inflation rate but then again my concern is why cut in half? And then half yearly? It seems we’re just following Bitcoin as an example but Bitcoin was the first mover, has a large network following, and already been through prior halvings. Also Bitcoin’s halving cycle is based on 4 year period rather than each consecutive year.

I know that others have pointed out that there’s time for Fuse network to grow more as well in regards to the period leading up to a potential change. I totally agree. But when it comes to large decisions that would affect the entire network, I know I rather see actual metrics that would back up the decision of halving the inflation rate. Ideally it would be metrics over time. An easy example would be statistics and network data such as shown in ethereum explorer: Ethereum Charts and Statistics | Etherscan and protocol metrics for example from Defillama.

— My more cautious side would say lower the risk to an acceptable amount so it can be contained, gauge the response, and then plan accordingly for the next iteration. Since this would be the first time the inflation rate is set to decrease, why not set a smaller decrease target say 4% and gauge the network and market reaction. This is more of a subjective concern being that if there were to be a potential negative reaction, could we readily recover?